When you acquire or merge with a company with new products and services, it presents a couple of questions. Where does this company fit in the existing brand? How do you brand multiple companies under one brand? Here are several things to consider when your company grows to this point.
1. What are your bigger picture goals and objectives: Based on what you are trying to accomplish, you should determine how you need to brand and positioning the company to achieve these specific goals.
2. Where do you want to take the companies in 2-3 years: Now it’s time to determine which of the brands will get you to these goals and objectives faster. If you can’t successfully see one of the companies joining with the other, it may be time to think about developing a new brand all together.
3. Get your duck in a row: You need to make sure whichever direction you go that you have the intellectual property rights associated with that company and brand. Items such as URLs, trademarks, patents, etc.
4. Develop a brand transition plan: Next you need to develop a plan with key items you need to do in order to brand the companies under one brand. Things such as flipping over the websites to the new brand, new sales and marketing material, etc.
5. Internal brand rollout: This will act as an internal guide for transitioning the brand within the company, your partners, and vendors. You will announce the reasoning for this shift, the new messaging, brand guidelines, and a long-term plan for what people should expect going forward.
6. Announce new brand: How you are going to message the brand change/evolution on social media? You want to be prepared for this announcement and should wait until you are united on all fronts. There are a lot of factors to consider and you need to determine how you will communicate your brand change to the market. You may want to develop a press release on what this message is and where people should turn if they have questions.
7. Update Social Media: A great way to communicate your new brand is through social media. Are you going to utilize the same press release content to share the news? Use all social media platforms to interact and inform your audience and respond to any questions or concerns. Continue to post on social media with any announcements, further changes or updates regarding the new brand!
Taking these items into consideration when you are branding multiple companies under one business will streamline the process and help keep everyone on track. If you need help branding multiple companies under one business, Brand Iron will help strategically package the companies in order to successfully take the new brand to market. Visit brandiron.net or call 303-534-1901 to see our services can help!
Fill out the form to get started!
#brandstrategy #companyacquisition #companymerger #marketing