Any business is susceptible to crises, but it’s how you handle it that determines if you will overcome it or not. Since ignoring the problem is not the answer under any circumstances, your business will need to devise a plan ahead of time so that when disaster strikes, you’ll be ready.
Let’s go over some of the things that you need to do to effectively manage your crisis communications:
1) Proactively develop a plan long before or if you ever have a crisis that you need to manage the communications
2) Take a look at potential things that you may need to address such as job site accidents, job place violence, major catastrophe, etc.
3) Develop a communications strategy that explains what you would do if an incident occurred, how would you handle it, who would handle the media, etc.
4) Who would you call for help on how to handle the situation
5) Who would be the potential spokesperson to address the media if you needed to address and/or answer questions?
6) Once the incident occurs, meet as a team to address how to handle the situation
7) Put together a messaging platform with what you want to say, how would answer the questions and how you would handle potential questions and what the response would be
8) Put together a plan for follow-up questions and how you will handle them
Once you have put together a proactive plan on how to effectively handle a crisis communications situation, you, your company and brand can be prepared to handle whatever situation may occur.
If you need help developing an effective crisis communications plan for your brand, Brand Iron can help. Brand Iron is here to help! Visit brandiron.net or call 303-534-1901 to get started.
#crisiscommunication #crisismanagement #communication #marketing #branding