In today’s world technology is a fundamental piece of your business strategy. The challenge facing businesses in this changing digital world is how to harnesses these technologies and use them to your advantage. The right use of technology helps companies become more efficient and productive as well as connect with their customers and track the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. Let’s take a look at some of the technology tools that we can harness to improve our business.
1. Social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) – Social media is much more than just posting on your company page. How many of us are really utilizing social media to grow our sphere of influence? Engage our target audience? Build our customer base? I think most of us can do a better job of this. Interacting with your social media community is just s important as posting relevant content.
2. Social media management tools (Hootsuite, etc.) – You can utilize social media management tools to schedule and manage your social media posts. Some tools also allow you to see your level of engagement as well as respond to and interact with your followers. Tools like this boost efficiency and maximize your time investment.
3. Social media analytics – You can utilize social media analytics tools to see how well you are engaging with your friends, targets and community. Track what tactics work best for driving results, engagement and traffic to your website which generates leads. Use these insights to tailor your strategy accordingly.
4. Email distribution systems (Swit Pages, Constant Contact, etc.) – You can use a third-party platform to send out emails, track who opens them and see who is clicking through to your website. This tool can be highly effective and a simple way to get the word out about your company and/or product.
5. CRM (Salesforce, Act, etc.) – Utilize a CRM system to track the prospects and customers in your sales pipeline. You can see your pipeline intake as well as the timing of those prospects coming in. Analyzing how long it takes the average lead to be converted into a customer is valuable information.
6. Marketing Automation System (Pardot, Sharp Spring, etc.) – This is where you can use your database to target your audience by engaging with prospects and leads through an automated workflow. These workflows incorporate touch points along the way to convert them into customers.
7. Google analytics – A great tool to track where your website traffic is coming from, how long they are staying on your site and what pages they are looking at. It can also track your AdWord campaigns and their effectiveness.
8. Content aggregation tools (like Flipboard, Feedly, etc.) – I love these, they help you find content that could be applicable to your customers/targets and connect with them. You can use this for 3rd party content for your blog and you can use it in your social media, etc.
9. Analytics tools (BrandGo, etc.) – You use these analytics tools to track the effectiveness of all you marketing and sales efforts and see what is working and what is not. Use this information to ensure you’re hitting your KPI’s.
These are just a few of the technology tools that you can harness to maximize your business returns! At Brand Iron, we use modern technology and analytics to produce measurable financial outcomes for our clients. See how at brandiron.net or call 303-435-1901.
#technology #marketing #marketingwithtechnology