The best website designs help inform an audience while providing an experience that’s catered to their needs. If you’re looking to generate more leads, sales, and grow your community, it can start with users’ online experience with your brand. Learn how to design the perfect website for your business with these starter tips for any business looking to build a digital presence.
- What’s Its Purpose: Your website design should be optimized towards the needs of your users. Are they looking for information, entertainment, or to buy your product/service?
- Answer the Question: People using the internet tend to want information quickly. When designing your website, try organizing information with headlines, sub headlines, and bullet points so people can find the information they need quickly. Consider multimedia ways of delivering information to enrich the experience. A demonstration video, picture, or infographic can provide a more stimulating experience for you users. A simple, intuitive design should deliver all pertinent information to the user quickly, clearly, and effectively. You should make sure that the user has most of their questions answered without having to scroll or click to another page.
Ask for Minimal Information: If you’re offering a promotion, try to request the minimal amount of information you need from your users. The less action that your users need to take, the more likely they’ll act!
- Make It Easy to Navigate: It should be easy for people to move around your website. Some ways you can enhance your website’s navigation include using bread crumbs, making clickable buttons, and providing them the information they need within three clicks.
- Choose Recognizable Font: Your font should make it your text easy to read. Make sure it’s easier to read online, and stick to a maximum of 3 sizes to keep your design efficient and digestible. Some good examples of font types can include Sans Serif fonts like Arial and Verdana.
- Use an “F” Pattern Design: Studies have discovered that people scan computer screens in an “F” pattern. People mainly focus on what’s in the top left of the screen and the right side of the screen is rarely given attention. Work with the user’s natural behavior and display information in order of importance— left to right and top to bottom.
- Mobile Friendly: It’s standard practice to access websites from multiple devices with different screen sizes, so you should optimize your website to be mobile friendly.
Looking to take your web design to the next level? We can help you craft the perfect website for your business. Forge your branding with a web design that remains true to your identity.